Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I Want To Be Vice President

So, it seems that the popular thing to do these days is to say that you do not want to be Vice President, but then coyly say that if asked to do so, you would accept. Give me a break. Especially with people like Joe Biden, do you think anyone is buying this "I don't want this position of power but would accept this mantle of duty if people really want me to serve" bit? In a bid to not look desperate, they're all looking rather foolish.

So I'm going to give it to you straight. Enough of the political double-speak. I shamelessly want to be the next Vice President. So, Senator Obama and Senator McCain, I want you to know that I am eagerly applying for the position and would accept the nomination on either or both tickets. And if any third party candidates not named Ralph Nader want me as their running mate, I am willing to consider their nomination as well.

**I am Steve Lamp, and I approve this blog post.**

7 comments:

Paula said...

My theory is that Obama will select Jim Webb as VP, Senator Biden as Secretary of State, and my boy, John Edwards as the Attorney General.

Erin said...

Very well then, Steve. I accept you as my running mate.

Quebecca said...

Paula, did you vote for John Edwards twice?! ;)

Unknown said...

Well, maybe not in this election, but you'll be ready (and qualified) by 2012.

Paula said...

I think Steve voted for himself twice!

Steve Lamp said...

Hey! I did no such thing!

Paula said...

You so did!