Friday, September 22, 2006

Another Pet Peeve

I recently recalled another pet peeve of mine: gas stations that do not have paper towels and/or windshield washer fluid. Come on. It's not like someone is going to take the paper towels home with them or siphon out the washer fluid into their car. I'm sure it's not cheap over time to provide this, but they are an expected part of the service received in the fill-up. Last week at a service station, I needed a paper towel and went to the dispensers and they were both empty; I turned and apparently glared in frustration to the store clerk because he reached out of his window offering a single paper towel. I took it knowing it would be completely insufficient for the needed task. I generally don't like going to Wawa's for gas, but they do a great job with this. They always have full, clean washer dispensers and plenty of paper towels, not to mention free use of the airhose. Today's score: Wawa 2, Mobil 0.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all a part of their evil plot, don't let them brainwash you!

I don't like going to the Wawa for gas unless I absolutely have to. It's an absolute zoo, and people drive like complete idiots.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but I would rather carry my own paper towels in the car then wait for 15 mintues to get crappy Wawa gas any day. I bet that if you ran on a tank of Mobil and on a tank of Wawa you would get much better mileage out of the Mobil tank of gas. Freaking Hate Wawa gas....