Saturday, December 02, 2006

Saturn Update

I am sure you all were waiting on the edge of your seat for an update on my Saturn. Okay, so here's the deal. I should never attempt to be a mechanic and work on my car. Back in the summer when I was home on vacation, I decided it would be a great idea to try to give my car a tune-up. So, as part of the process I bought new platinum spark plugs and wires and installed them. Well, it turns out Saturns don't really like platinum spark plugs and that was causing the problem. I had to replace the ignition coil and plugs. Total cost for parts and service including the original diagnostic was about $230.

While I hope to have my SL2 for at least another 10 years, I am still in love with the Saturn Sky. And the new Aura is a nice sedan.

1 comment:

Jeff the Baptist said...

Yup platinum plugs are not worth the money. They last forever, but don't spark as easily and it can cause problems. Just get the cheap plugs and replace them regularly.