Saturday, July 07, 2007

Words of Wisdom

Today while I was at the library I came across Dale Carnegie's book How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. I discovered the following pearls and gems of wisdom in the first chapter:

"Our trouble is not ignorance, but inaction." - Dale Carnegie

"Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand." - Thomas Carlyle

"Every day is a new life to a wise man." - Unknown

"One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon - instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today." - Dale Carnegie

"Happy the man, and happy he alone
He who can call today his own
He who, secure within, can say
Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today."
- Horace

1 comment:

gergandnique said...

I actually hear a good quote this past Sunday "To keep someone down, you must stay down with them" - Norbert Mao.

Greg and Monique