Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Sound of Desperation?

I laughed out loud when I saw the article where Hillary talks about this primary contest turning into a dream ticket for the general election. Um, Hillary, what makes you think you'll get to have any choice in the matter? It sounds to me like she realizes that despite the (narrow) wins on Tuesday, she isn't going to make up enough ground the rest of the way before the convention, and is vying for the VP nod. But why would Obama want to spend the next 4 years with power-grubbers like her and her husband right behind him? And it's not like he needs her. If anything she would probably be a liability on the ticket in the general election. No doubt she is hoping the party will put enough pressure on him at the convention to choose her. I hope he shrugs it off. Or, barring that, if he does choose her and they win, that his first act as President is to send her to the North Pole for a 4 year environmental study on global warming.

And by the way, I have never felt so ashamed to say I am from Ohio as when the results came back on Wednesday morning.

Oh, and one other thing. If you're going to run an ad to appeal to all the "security moms" out there, you need to make sure people perceive you as the best person to respond to that. I saw an informal survey on CNN asking which candidate you would want answering that call, and Hillary ranked a distant third. Way to play to other people's strengths. Why do people think the Clintons are so good at politics? I think they have been showing that the emperor is naked throughout this campaign.

2 comments:

Paula said...

I freakin' hate her.

Anonymous said...

What gets me is her complaints about the press being hard on her and easy on Obama.

Anyone who knows me knows I’m no fan of George the Second. But the press has hammered him like it’s hammered no one else. I don’t care if you don’t like him; if you are honest you have to admit that the media has been far from objective and definitely biased against him. Bill and Hillary, on the other hand, were darlings of the press for years.

It seems to me that they had no complaint about it until someone more popular and likable came along and they were dropped. And now they are crying about the injustice of it?

That’s some hypocrisy there.

~~ Joe.

PS: And I think you're right. Obama would gain nothing and could quite possibly hurt his campaing, and I think would certainly hurt the country, by picking her.