Monday, July 31, 2006

An important amendment

I knew there was something missing in my very first post, but I wasn't quite sure how to articulate it. Then I recently re-read 1 Cor 13:3 which says it so eloquently, "If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." My best examples and teachers in this are my parents. There are countless times, for instance, when my dad has mowed the lawns of my elderly neighbors, not to be noticed by anyone or even to be "spiritual," but simply because it was the right thing to do, he had the capacity to do it, and it was an appropriate expression of his care, compassion and concern for them. I want to be like my parents when I grow up.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I wish I could put into action all of my right things to do.

Check out my blog if you haven't.