Friday, September 12, 2008

How We've Changed

It didn't seem appropriate to me to be adding much commentary on September 11th. While I have posted comments on 9/11 in the past, I find that some days are meant to be spent in quiet reflections, silent prayers and solemn exchanges.

But I have had some things on my mind. I was scanning through the radio the other day, and I heard a new country song. It struck me how the mood has changed from songs that came out just after the attack to now. To get a glimpse, compare Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)" to songs such as Tim McGraw's "If You're Reading This", and Carrie Underwood's "Just a Dream." Something of the journey can also be seen from John Michael Montgomery's "Letters from Home" to Darrly Worley's, "I Just Came Back From A War"

War is hell.

No comments: