Saturday, September 06, 2008

When In Doubt, Scare The Old People

Reuters reports,

Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama warned the elderly on Saturday that Republican rival John McCain would put their retirement income in danger.
How is Obama, the "candidate of change", going to change a Social Security system headed towards insolvency? Oh, that's right, he's not going to do anything. I know, I keep bringing it up, but only because it's important.

The thing that irks me the most, other than the financial lunacy of it all, is the fact he thinks the government can do whatever it wants with my money.

"But we want to give, if we can, younger workers [that would be me and probably you] the option of taking some of their own money and the option to put it into an account with their name on it."
Wow, really Barrack? You might really let me have my own account with my own name on it since it's MY FREAKIN' MONEY?!?!?! Oh, wait, that's only "if we can." But I thought your campaign was all about "yes, we can."?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO TRUE!!! Thanks Steve!!