Thursday, May 17, 2007

Al Gore

So, there still seems to be a movement out there that wants Al Gore to run for President. The last time I saw a poll that included him, he ranked behind Clinton and Obama but ahead of Edwards among Democrat voters. This is an interesting article because the author seems to have a sort messianic complex in his perception and reporting of Mr. Gore.

I'll leave you to form your own opinions on the article and on Gore himself, but one idea I do agree with (and I think I posted on before) is that I would not be surprised if someone other than the current roster of candidates emerges into the national spotlight.

Also, as I have thought about things more, I do not know if I would vote for Mr. Gingrich if he were to run. Although I agree with many of his ideas and think he runs away from the field in that regard, the whole three marriages thing may disqualify him in my mind from the premier role of a civil servant. I don't say that to be moralizing or sound self-righteous, but if he could not keep his promise to his wife(s), how can I trust him to keep his promises on a national level? This may send me back to the bin of hopeless third party candidates that I tried to sift through in '04 because I am rather unimpressed with my other elephant-dressed options.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Romney? Or is he no good? I haven't been paying attention at all.

I think I'll do what people did in the 90's and vote for whoever has the best hair. We should obviously return to that voting method. OR, instead of having presidential debates, we should have presidential wrestling matches. I bet Bush would have STILL beat Kerry. And you know Cheney would have shut down Edwards with a cholorform rag 5 seconds into the match.

By the way, if you wanted to hang out this Saturday...

Anonymous said...

There is always Mike Huckabee. www.explorehuckabee.com. He is the best man for the job!!