Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Theme Music

In the epic baseball movie Major League, when Charlie Sheen's character comes out of the bullpen the song "Wild Thing" blares over the loudspeakers and the crowd goes wild. In real life this has caught on as "Hell's Bells" plays for Trevor Hoffman when he enters the game and "Enter Sandman" plays for Billy Wagner. Even Paul Byrd came out to the Newsboys' "Shine" when he was the opening day starter for the Phillies. Which got me thinking, what would my song be? Granted, I'll never pitch for a major league team, but wouldn't be cool if your own theme song played over the loudspeaker when you stepped into the office at work? In my opinion, the best theme songs are typically those with great intro guitar riffs. My working list of candidates include:
  • Open by Chevelle
  • Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes
  • Machinehead by Bush
  • Show Me How to Live by Audioslave
  • Original Fire by Audioslave
  • Stars by Switchfoot
  • Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones
  • Remedy by Seether
  • Precious Declaration by Collective Soul
  • Today by the Smashing Pumpkins

What would your song be?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"War Pigs" by Black Sabbath ;p

The most hardcore rock and roll song I could think of off the top of my head. And we all know, I am very hardcore. And into the whole end times/judgment thing. I AM a Christian, after all ;)

"Bad Company" by Bad Company

Makes me sound semi-badass. And it's just a good song.

"The Joker" by The Steve Miller
Band

Because I also go by the aliases of "Space Cowboy", "Gangster of Love", and "Maurice".

"The Clap" by Yes

Great acoustic solo.

"Alive" by P.O.D

I feel so alive, because of my savior Jesus Christ.

"Execute the Grounds" by P.O.D

Positive come aroun'!

"Eruption" by Van Halen

Great electric solo.

"Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

I ain't no fortunate son!

"Pinball Wizard" by The Who

This would be the song if me and Steve walked into the same room at the same time. It's our song. Someday, probably when we're both dead and in heaven, at the rate at which Steve practices with his axe ;), we're going to play this song. Stevie'll rock the acoustic, and I'll jam on the electric. And it will be freaking awesome.

Anonymous said...

By the way, Steve, I don't know if you saw the movie 300 or "United Whatever" (that movie about people who fight back against plane hijackers), but this is a hilarious combination of the two. I saw 300 and thought this was really funny.

http://codamon.com/2007/05/300-spartans-on-a-plane/