Saturday, December 08, 2007

Legends

Grrrrr!!!! I just missed the opportunity to meet "Wild Bill" Garnier and Edward "Babe" Heffron at Barnes and Noble today. In case you do not recognize the names, they were two members of the Easy Company, 101st Airborne in WWII as featured in the HBO documentary, Band of Brothers. When I got a call with a heads-up that they were going to be there, I was on my way to get my car serviced as my check engine light had mysteriously come on this morning. By the time I got out and got to B&N, they were gone. So disappointing. They do have a new book out Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends and there is a column of signed copies at the store.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that ever happens again, give me a call - so far, my check-engine light isn't on. Of course, that may have been a once-in-a-life-time ... so some things might be different if ever your light comes on again. Sorry to "hear" it. Sorry I missed out too - didn't even know.
~AWA

jenvare said...

I KNOW! I was so bummed to hear I missed them too. Thanks for mentioning their new book though. Did you hear that Joe W. at least got to see them? Lucky guy!

jenvare said...

I KNOW! I was so bummed when I heard I missed them. Thank you for mentioning their new book - I didn't know about that. Did you hear that Joe W. got to see them? Lucky guy!

Chappie said...

Doh, man I am bummed that I missed that!