Sunday, August 31, 2008

Lamponian Life Coaching Services, Inc.

So, I remember being on a shuttle bus leaving Las Vegas, and the driver of the bus shared that she was a "life coach." I had heard the term before but had never actually met one. I found this rather interesting, as apparently a night bus driver in Vegas has all of the skills and qualifications necessary to be a life coach.

Then I was thinking the other day, "What could I do to find alternative sources of income?" That's when it hit me. I could become a life coach! I mean, it's a completely unregulated industry so all I have to do is make business cards that say "life coach," and I'm in.

As far as I can tell, being a life coach is really little more than being a mentor and accountability partner. Dude, I can totally pull that off. I can even offer "Christian life coaching" because I took a survey on a Christian life coaching website, and "I would be comfortable charging significantly for my services because I am worth it."

Although I write this largely in jest, this is about the best idea I've come up with so far. And, in a sea of snake-oil vendors proclaiming to be life coaches, I might actually be able to help some people. What do you think?

No comments: