Thursday, August 21, 2008

Start With What You Have

I need some new reading materials. But, before I make one more trip to Barnes and Noble, Borders or CBD.com, I have a few items on my shelf that I have purchased or received and not yet read. Here is my list to tackle next:
  1. Common Wealth by Jeffrey Sachs
  2. Churchill by Roy Jenkins
  3. God is Relevant by Luis Palau
  4. Assassins by LaHaye & Jenkins
  5. The Winning Attitude / Developing the Leaders Around You / Becoming a Person of Influence by John Maxwell
  6. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
I also have a few partial-reads. So, what's been sitting on your shelf that you haven't picked up yet?

2 comments:

David Hynes said...

I recently read, "The Final Quest" by Rick Joyner, and am currently reading "The Supernatural Ways of Royalty" by Kris Vallotton. I'll be reading his book on purity soon, hopefully, and will also be reading The Call (the sequel to "The Final Quest") shortly.

Erin said...

I started "Love in a Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez early this spring, but I got too distracted because there was an Oprah sticker on the cover. Even the adhesive residue remains after I peeled it off distracted me. It looks like a good book, and I enjoy his work, but I'm afraid now that even without the sticker, I wouldn't be able to get through the first scene, which is another matter entirely.

Others on the list include "The Brothers Karamazov," which always seems a daunting read; and "Le Petit Prince" (in French, of course!).