Sunday, December 21, 2008

2009 Reading List

I finished reading Churchill this past week and am starting to draft up a prospective reading list for 2009. I am particularly excited as I received a B&N gift card from my parents for Christmas. My tentative list so far:
  • Common Wealth by Jeffrey Sachs
  • 1984 by George Orwell
  • Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  • The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith
  • The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo
  • The Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila
  • Saved in Hope by Pope Benedict XV
  • The Winning Attitude, Developing the Leaders Around You and Becoming A Person of Influence by John Maxwell
  • Selections From the Writings and Addresses of Abraham Lincoln edited by Cornelia Beare
Any recommendations to add to the list?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I see that Brave New World and 1984 are on the list. I took a college class on classic science fiction and so have a lot of the classics if you want to borrow them: 1984, Fahrenheit 451, Clockwork Orange, Brave New World, and others.

Anonymous said...

Steve,
I recommend Fahrenheit 451. I love it.