Friday, November 21, 2008

Snow

I woke up this morning at 3:30, looked outside, and in the streetlights saw there was already snow on my car. Why do I live here? The weather sucks almost half the year.

The song Boston by Augustana has always resonated with me, except for me it would be in reverse because I would want to get away from the snow and the sunrise and head somewhere warm like California.

She said I think I'll go to Boston
Think I'll start a new life
I think I'll start it over
Where no one knows my name
I'll get out of California
I'm tired of the weather
Think I'll get a lover
And fly him out to Spain
I think I'll go to Boston
I think that I'm just tired
I think I need a new town
To leave this all behind
I think I need a sunrise
I'm tired of a sunset
I hear it's nice in the summer
Some snow would be nice
Oh yeah

2 comments:

Paula said...

Dude, move to Atlanta or Charlotte. When I took the Georgia bar (in February) I was sitting on Liz's porch swing in the sunshine reviewing. That won't ever happen in the big DE.

BeckyP said...

Sadly, Paula's right. I remember nice 60-70 degree days in January & February while at Furman. It was great that it was so nice and warm. But, I have to say that snow is the gift of winter. Otherwise, everything would be all "blah" and drab.