Friday, October 27, 2006

Fully Prepared To Throw Away My Vote

Two years ago I nearly voted for the Constitutional Party candidate for President. It wasn't until I was in the booth that I finally made up my mind. Today, I am even more disgusted with both political parties than I was in 2004. Neither one seems to have a compelling and realistic vision for the future that represents my core values and beliefs. If ever there was a time for an independent candidate to step up, this would be it. Just show me someone with an actual platform and strategy and not just soundbytes that slam the other party. I'm sure that's too much to ask though.

I am quite tempted to go in and simply vote against every incumbant. I think we need a complete overhaul. I want to be the kind of voter that gives people like Karl Rove and James Carville ulcers. If nothing else, I am definitely going against party lines and voting against Mike Castle as our Representative. I'm still ticked at the Democrats for killing social security reform though so maybe I'll just write myself in on the ticket. One of my high school dreams was to one day become a US Senator. It's times like these that I think I should actually try to do it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe... this pleases me immensely.

Anonymous said...

After looking at the voting guideline in the paper today. I'm agreeing with you...not sure who I want to vote for - usually Reb., but found myself supporting a few Dem. views. OH MY GOSH, I NEVER imagined that would be possible...what has happened? Maybe it's the medicine from the past week's illness....maybe I'm still a little delirous....

Erin said...

I'd vote for you, Steve. You can use my blog as campaign space.

Anonymous said...

You got my vote!!

Anonymous said...

Actually, Steve, you'll have a hard time running against Bo Matthews ;). Man, I wish that guy would be our president... Either that, or David Palmer from the show 24. With Jack Bower as his Vice president. In other words, people who have integrity (Palmer) and aren't afraid to take a rusty hammer to someone's face (Bower).

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Barack Obama!