Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Technical Hiatus

Well, for the time being I do not have phone or DSL service at home. Hence the lack in blog postings of late. In fact, it could be close to a month by the time I am finally up and running again.

To explain, a few weeks ago after I signed the lease on my new apartment I called to get phone service (with Cavalier). Then, my apartment community said my apartment would not be ready in time and I would have to pick another one. By then, my phone order was already in process and could not be changed until service was established. But, apparently it takes 10-15 business days for that change to occur (I can't even imagine why). And, I called Verizon to get DSL (since Cavalier doesn't offer it at my location), but they can't get me signed up until I have a functioning phone line. Add to that the time it takes for the DSL modem and such to be delivered. Grrrr. Unlimited technology from the ends of the universe and I can't even get a phone to work.

Okay, so I am at the library now typing this and need to leave for small group. Take care and I'll try to post as much as I can in the days and weeks ahead. Maybe by then I'll have something worth reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Technical difficulties are not an excuse for your lack of activity. The Man WILL be knocking at your door if you don't comply and write.

By the way, why won't this stinking thing let me post my name the way it was meant to be...in CAPITAL LETTERS. My name is David Hynes, not david hynes.