Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Getting Closer

So, as the technical saga continues, I ended up switching to Verizon since apparently that was the only way I could also get DSL. It's more expensive and has less features than Cavalier, but I am lost without the DSL connection. My phone service got up and running last night which I am excited about, but my DSL is not scheduled to be up until early November. I'm hoping it will end up being earlier than that.

I am enjoying settling into my new place. I even received a plant from a co-worker yesterday which is very cool, and I ordered a beta fish tank that Becky referenced in her blog. (I've long wanted to have a pet that I could name "Sturgo." I still have to hang all of my pictures/art on the wall, and my fouton is only partially re-assembled. I will be happy when it's all finished. I'm hoping it will be a comfortable, cozy yet distinctively manly confine when all is complete.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Where have you moved?
Pictures please : )

BeckyP said...

So... you haven't put the "nuts & buts" on the fouton yet? Can't wait to meet Sturgo! (or was it Fluffy?)

Anonymous said...

Distinctively Manly? You mean, like, with those big beefy arms of yours hanging on the wall? You should be careful not to keep loaded guns among small children. Check with the neighbors/landlords to make sure they're OK with you having a pair of deadly weapons in the household. Also, have a look at local state, county, and township ordinances. But always remember, it's your Second Amendment Right to carry. Don't be afraid to express it.

-NRA

Anonymous said...

This kid (David Hynes) is hilarious. David, I hope to meet you the next time I journey north. Unfortunately for you, I'll probably be in a "dance monkey dance" type mood, but you are seriously hilarious. You need to write a book or become a stand-up comedian or something. Does anyone else think this kid is hilarious or is it just me?