Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's Not a Conspiracy

So at lunch on Sunday there was some discussion that the recently lower gas prices were a result of a vast right wing conspiracy led by President Bush and Vice President Cheney. I tried to explain how the price of oil and gasoline are set primarily by market supply and demand and how recent supply and demand factors converged to result in a new, lower market price. To provide additional support for my argument, I would encourage everyone to read the following articles.


(By the way, I find it ironic that many Bush opponents who accuse him of inventing this comprehensive, effective conspiracy to lower gas prices are also some of the same people who think he's not very smart. It's sounds like it would take a genius to pull that off to me.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it brings you any comfort, I don't think he's rigging the gas prices because I think he's a moron.

Anonymous said...

Are people really complaining about low gas prices? I'm so glad I stop watching the news.

Anonymous said...

Heh, they also say he went to Iraq foe oil. If he wanted oil so bad (like he snorts it, or something), he could have opened up the restricted Alaskan oil fields earlier. I mean, seriously, which is easier to convince people to do; drill alaska, or invade a country?

My fear is that people will not sit down and think about things. That they will vote impulsively. One very disturbing feature about the Iraq war movement is that they are ignoring the fact that we found MASS GRAVES there, and that Hussein happily executed thousands. But never mind that! GWB obviously went there because of OIL!

I'm angry at Chris Cornell for writing such idiotic lyrics in his newest Audioslave album...

Liberals are abysmally stupid...


"Did somebody say a REVOLUTION!? Or is it all in my heaaad? Is that what it takes to make a solution, a Revolution!?"-

'Revolution' by POD
Record: 'Payable on Death'

Anonymous said...

We need to create a Revolution. We need to stand up for what is right, once and for all. The question is, who will stand up to be voted for? Where is the solution? We must create an alternative.

Joe said...

I agree with your logic Steve and with Paula. That group of knuckleheads in the white house can't leak a CIA agent's name without getting caught. I don't think that they have it together enough to pull off a world wide conspiracy on oil prices.