Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Blog Link Etiquette

So Becky and I had a brief discussion along the lines of blog link etiquette today. When do you add a friend's blog to your list of links? Do you ask for permission first? When do you remove their link? My general thought on adding one is that if it is a blog you check frequently then it is appropriate to add it. I haven't given much thought to the removal process, but I am considering removing links to people who have not updated their blog within the last six months. You know who you are.

2 comments:

Jeff the Baptist said...

It depends on the whole philosophy behind your linking. I guess.

My blogroll is largely made up of blogs that I like to read regularly on a daily or at least weekly basis. These generally aren't friends of mine and I don't ask permission to add someone. I also generally remove their links if they have been inactive for over a month or two or if they no longer interest me.

Generally a good sign that I should reconsider the link is if it changes colors on me. You know, from the "you've gone here already to color" to the "fresh link" one. If it turns fresh, then I know I haven't been there in weeks.

Cassie said...

I've added your blog as a link to mine. I hope that's alright. :)