Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Not So Sure It's Over

So the popular news headline of the day is that it's all but over for Hillary, that she's taking "her last stand at the Alamo", blah, blah, blah. Um, yeah, the only problem with that is that she and Obama are only something like 70 delegates apart and there are several hundred delegates up for grabs in the next big primary day alone and over a dozen states left down the line.

Don't get me wrong. I would be very pleased to see the Clinton machine implode and her shrill voice quieted. I'm just not convinced it's happened and it's all wrapped up for Obama yet. Yes, he is on a roll and is winning in places he trailed just a few weeks ago, but the race is still too close to call and it doesn't appear that either one will have reached the required level of delegates before the convention.

Besides, this is the Clintons we're talking about here. Do you really expect them to fight fair?

Let the candidates (on both sides) run their race, let everyone vote, and then declare a winner. How does that sound?

Oh, and McCain needs to drop the Clinton-esque attack lines of "we need solutions not empty speeches" and start talking about his own proposals if he's going to garner any support from me. And while he's at it, he can stop talking like he knows more about when to change interest rates than the Chairman of the Federal Reserve does. There's a reason why that position does not report directly to the President.

2 comments:

Paula said...

I freakin' hate Hillary. If I can't trust you to handle your business (aka. My husband is cheating on me but instead of losing my mind and throwing his flaming clothes out the window of the White House, I'll stay married to him!) I can't trust you to run this country.

I have complete confidence in Michelle Obama to beat Barack's tail if he cheats on her.

I was very worried before because I didn't think Obama was electable. It appears that I underestimated how much Republican's don't like John McCain. For some reason, I was of the impression that he was like their prize war hero. I should have know better since he lost to George Bush.

I'm happy with Obama. I'm just hoping he asks Edwards to be his VP. I'm still clinging to that hope.

I'm also sick of Hillary stealing Edwards, "That's been the mission of my life" phrase. That irritates me. I'm also sick of the media making John Edwards out to be such an "angry individual." All he did was read the paper. We should all be as mad as John Edwards.

David Hynes said...

Obama is very electable. I'm probably going to vote for him in the general election, if things continue as they are. I am not willing to cast a ballot for a republican candidate other than Huckabee, and I don't think he is going to win the primary.

Wild speculation: What if Obama won and then chose Huckabee as vice president? That would be pretty wild.

I dislike Hillary for a totally different set of reasons.