Thursday, April 17, 2008

Protestant Confession

I have learned a lot more about Pope Benedict XVI this week as he has been visiting the US, and I must say, I am very impressed. I regret that the Protestant circles I have grown up in have not held the Pope in particular and our Catholic brethren in general in greater esteem. (I think BVBC does a good job with this, but not so much with Cedarville and my previous churches.) From what bits I have gleaned in articles and newscasts, I have found the Pope's teaching to be very instructive and nourishing. My sister has been asking what I wanted for my birthday, and I think I am going to ask her for one of his books, perhaps God Is Love.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I like Protestant confession very much. I don't feel that you need to go into a box with a priest and say a bunch of hail Mary's, but simple prayer of public reflection and time of confession is a positive. We do that at my Lutheran church every week.