Thursday, April 24, 2008

PSEO

So having solved our environmental and energy crisis, I figure I'll move on to education. Okay, here's the thing. The best program in the world has already been around for over 10 years and hardly anyone knows about it. It's called the Post Secondary Enrollment Option, and it works like this. If you are a high school junior or senior and you keep your grades above a certain average, you may attend a community college part or full time at no cost and earn full college credit. When you graduate, you not only earn a high school diploma, you have also earned an Associates Degree. You can then transfer to a traditional college or university and graduate in approximately half the time and at half the cost.

Come on, we even figured this one out in Ohio. Why is not every state in the country doing this? It's a no-brainer! Without it, I might not have had the opportunity to go to college. Instead, I graduated with a bachelors degree with a double major at age 20.

1 comment:

Matt & Bri said...

This is what I did my senior year in Maryland. That's how I graduated College a semester early and saved some money.


You're so smart Steve.