Friday, August 17, 2007

Can't Sleep

Well, it is now 1:30 AM, and I can't sleep. It is not that I am having more difficulty breathing; I am however worried sick about my condition. (Pardon the pun.)

As I have been contemplating things though, I think it is safe to say this. Even if I get hit by a bus on the way out the door tomorrow, I have enjoyed a great life. As I was lying in bed, I started to think of things "I always wish I had done but never got around to" and, to be honest, I couldn't think of any. The closest thing that just popped into my head is to travel to the U.K. But beyond that, I really have no life-goal type regrets. I have greatly enjoyed the travels I have been able to experience, I am happy that I was able to get my MBA and while mildly interested in another advanced degree I am very content with that. I have the best job ever and am so thankful for the opportunity to be part of Chatham. I have enjoyed some grand adventures with the best friends in the world. Just the day-to-day life I get to enjoy with my friends is something truly special. I love my family, and I think I have always appreciated the times we have spent together. I have been in love and know both how happy that can make you feel and how it can break your heart. And while God knows all of my abundant faults and sins, I have tried to serve and honor Him. I am especially thankful for BVBC, Kairos and my small group and all that has meant to me.

The Tim McGraw song "Live Like You Were Dying" has played through my mind often. While not glitzy or reckless, I really think I have tried to live that way. Or, as Jonathan Edwards would say, "Resolved, to live with all my might, while I do live."

Further up and further in.

3 comments:

Quebecca said...

You're freaking me out, Steve-o...

Anonymous said...

I think it's time to go skydiving.

~~ Uno Hoo

David said...

Ever thought of base jumping, Steve?

I would be sorely disappointed if I died before having a family of my own.

...or never having really dated, for that matter.