Friday, August 10, 2007

A Prayer of A` Kempis

I recently came across this in my reading of The Imitation of Christ:

Grant me, O Lord, to know that which is worth knowing, to love that which is worth loving, to praise that which pleases You most, to esteem that which to You seems precious, to abhor that which in Your sight is unclean. Suffer me not to judge according to the sight of the outward eyes, not to give sentence according to the hearing of the ears of ignorant men, but with a true judgment to discern between things visible and spiritual, and above all to be ever searching after the good pleasure of Thy will. ~ Thomas A' Kempis

2 comments:

Snoyarc said...

Steve, could you tell me who wrote 'The Imitation of Christ' please? It sounds like something I'd be interested in reading.

Hugs & Love

Steve Lamp said...

Thomas A' Kempis