Monday, June 16, 2008

AM Radio

Since I don't have cable or satellite TV, and I can hardly pick up any broadcast stations on my TV, I tend to listen to a lot of AM radio. This is primarily true during the summer when I have the Phillies on in the background. For some reason, I tend to leave it on this station even during non-game hours. One night I couldn't sleep so I flipped it on at 3 AM, and I heard a riveting broadcast on alien abductions. In a more routine manner, on Sundays while I am getting ready for church there is some horticulturist dude with a gruff European accent. This makes me very thankful that I do not have a yard.

The worst thing about AM radio though is the commercials. Clearly, they are catering to a different demographic because there are lot of advertisements about retirement homes and funeral pre-planning. The most egregious is a particular ad in which the customer exclaims, "And their urn selection is awesome!!"

Really?

Oh, well. At least listening to AM Radio reminds me of a fun song by Everclear.

No comments: