Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Water, Please

So for the next two weeks, water will be my beverage of choice. Actually, I don't really have a choice. My small group has dedicated the next 14 days to The H2o Project.

Here's the deal. For the next two weeks, the only beverage I can drink is water. In lieu of all of the soda, milk or other options I would have bought with my meals (or between meals), I will use the funds to make a donation with 100% of the proceeds flowing through to one of their partners to dig water wells in developing nations.

Anyone else thirsty?

2 comments:

Paula said...

I could do that so long as I could still drink Starbucks and considering how much I spend on Starbucks . . . I could probably buy like 15,000 wells.

Mei-Ling said...

Ok - first moment of weakness. I brew coffee for the folks I work with a couple times of week using my own coffee pot that is next to my desk. Most of the time I don't partake. I brewed less than usual because usually there is always a cup or two left over.

The guys decided this wasn't enough, so they put on a pot after lunch. They finished that off already. Now the THIRD pot of coffee is brewing and smells VERY good.