Friday, June 06, 2008

Rules of Engagement

So, tomorrow I have an opportunity to help a friend move. I think this is Kairos move #137 or something like that. I feel confident that things will go smoothly, despite the 100 degree heat. For anyone else who may be considering soliciting help on a move in the future, let me lay down some groundrules.
  1. Thou shall have everything packed before thy move. It's a moving party, not a packing party, therefore I came to move boxes, not pack them.
  2. Thou shall have donuts and coffee in the morning and pizza, subs or comparable food at lunch.
  3. Thou shall not pack all of thy books into one box.
  4. Thou shall eliminate all possible junk before thy move, not after.
  5. Thou shall not move before 9 AM.
  6. Thou shall offer cool, refreshing beverages before, during and after thy move.
  7. Thou shall not purchase a sleeper sofa nor entertainment center that requires 7 men and 3 pack mules to move.
  8. Thou shall label thy boxes and be prepared to direct where said boxes go upon arrival at new abode.
  9. Thou shall not be a drama queen/king nor complain during thy move.
  10. Thou shall reciprocate help when others move.
This commercial from Dunkin' Donuts captures it well.

1 comment:

Mei-Ling said...

I just saw that commercial tonight and darned it if I didn't think of Kairos moving parties - you're totally right!