Monday, June 23, 2008

You Beautiful Baby

So, after about a year hiatus, I have decided to pick up my guitar again. I strummed a little tonight, and it felt good in that "this really hurts until you get blisters" kind of way. I have had a wonderful guitar, a Taylor Big Baby, for several years, but even with the excellent equipment I have never been able to progress beyond marginally functional. I got some encouraging nudges from one of my friends in small group though so I figure it's worth another go. I am toying with the idea of taking classes, but I'm not sure how much that would set me back financially, and it's not as though I have abundant free time. I have discovered I generally do better when I do this kind of thing with someone I don't know, so I don't want to bum lessons from friends this time. We'll see.

Now, where are those chords for Swing Low Sweet Chariot?

No comments: