Thursday, June 05, 2008

Stop The Ride

I feel so far behind everything. I need the world to hit pause for about a week or so just so I can catch up. At work, I have 1,914 messages in my in-box. I'm not exaggerating. They're not all new. They have been accumulating over the last 6-7 months. They are indicative of the fact that I am falling behind in everything I need to do. I probably shouldn't have taken as much vacation as I did, as in many ways it put me further behind. But I was getting pretty toasty so I needed the break.

As I write this, my empty, broken suitcase is still strewn on my living room floor, next to the mail in two piles of "keep" and "trash." My desk is cluttered with 7 empty plastic water bottles and one Gatorade bottle that need to be put in the recycling bin. The dishes need washed, the vacuum needs ran, and in general my apartment looks like a tornado went through it. I was totally going to tackle this on Monday. After I got home and ate, I decided to rest for a few minutes. Two and a half hours later, I woke up and decided to just go to bed. Tuesday night was small group. Yesterday I worked 12 1/2 hours and today I had the SOLI prayer meeting. This coming weekend already looks full of activities. And it would probably be best if I went into the office.

Fortunately, I have some music on. It's times like these when words from Lifehouse (Blyss) refresh my soul:

"I am waiting here for you
Don't be far away tonight.
Lead me to the place where I can go
And find rest 'cause I am so tired
And now, let me feel your breath on my face

You can shake the mountains with a whisper
And you, you speak, and I fall at your feet
And you are so beautiful, and I am so in love with you.
And you, you lead, and I will follow close behind"

It's one of the most eloquent, peaceful, worshipful songs I know.

2 comments:

Mei-Ling said...

So...let me get this straight, you're probably not going to get this taken care of this weekend because Saturday you're helping someone move and possibly going into work, too? Yikes.

Paula said...

I love Lifehouse.