Thursday, August 17, 2006

For all your financial needs

So I have a meeting scheduled for this evening with a representative from Primerica Financial Services to talk about taking on a part-time involvement with them. I am very excited about this. For one, it's a friend of a family I am close to so there's more of a trust factor. Also, when I spoke with her on the phone, instead of trying to be high pressure to get me involved, she first expressed concern about a possible conflict-of-interest with my current job and then asked me to bring my resume. (I used to work for them when I was college, and when I brought my resume to show my then boss, he told me that he didn't need to see it.) So, I'm thinking their philosophy isn't just to throw as many people to the wall as possible and see who sticks.

The thing I'm really excited about is that since I have such a great day job (Chatham rules!), I don't need to make a dime from this. Instead, I feel like it will give me the tools (and licensing) I need to more effectively help people become financially independent and wise, generous stewards of their money. I would do this for free, but they insist on paying me.

I'm also looking into the H&R Block tax education class. They offer it on Saturdays which is great except I know of at least two where I won't be able to make it. So I've got to talk to a rep today and see if I can still work something out. I've already taken the Tax class for my CFP course, but this would really help broaden my knowledge base.

So, if you would like to talk to someone about how to make a budget, get and stay out of debt, have income protection in the event of loss, how to save for retirement, a child's education or other goals, or simply need to file your tax return to maximum benefit, I may be able to help you with that shortly! Woo-hoo!

"I favor the policy of economy, not because I wish to save money but because I wish to save people . . . economy is idealism in its most practical form." - Calvin Coolidge

No comments: