Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lunchmeat

So, I went shopping a few days ago to Super G and not only did they move the deli counter, but they no longer carry my favorite item: Dietz and Watson premium turkey breast. It seems that Boar's Head is taking over the universe so I gave it a try. I got their turkey and it's actually quite good so all is not lost. I get tired of lunchmeat after about one day though. I used to order 1/4 pound at a time, but I kept getting strange looks and snide response from the deli servers. Now I order 1/2 pound at a time. I wish I liked the taste of food more than I do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I thought you only ate Tyson chicken patties...

Anonymous said...

Zing!

No. He also eats Tombstone pizzas...probably just because they're named after one of his (and now mine) favorite movies of all time. I now consider it to be a requirement for any person considering himself a man t see that movie. It's like the Braveheart of the western frontier. Only without the unnecessary nudity and sex.

Anyway, yeah, Boar's Head is not too bad, although it is very much taking over. Shame, that. D&W has always been good stuff.

Steve, if you have lost your passion for food, perhaps you should make the effort to expand your realm of home cooked food? Look on line for a tasty looking and simple recipe, and cook it. You'll feel a great sense of accomplishment, and full, to boot.

Anonymous said...

Steve you need to pick up the pace! Paula has almost daily postings. I want stories, I want action, sensationalism! Heroic tales of fighting off swarms of irradiated squirrels with glowing red eyes! Frozen chicken patties gone bad! Wild moments of being slain at 'Small Group'!

Your Future Grand Exemplar Compels You!

Anonymous said...

slain in the spirit, that is.

Paula said...

Nahnahnahnanaaaaaaaaaanah...
Hynes likes my blog more than your blog.

Anonymous said...

Steve, you know there's something wrong with the picture when your friend visits your girlfriend's blog more than you do, haha!

Hey, I just found out Paula's blonde, too ;) !