Sunday, February 11, 2007

Something Positive From Obama

I am starting to like Obama for the same reason that I like Gingrich. He seems to genuinely want to find solutions to the problems and issues at hand. And he's even willing to piss off the media to make that point which I think is fantastic. As excerpted from the article linked above, Barrack noted
"a theme out there in the mainstream media" that he emphasized rhetoric at the
expense of policy specifics. He said there were plenty of specifics in his books
and his Iraq plan, "The substance is out there," he said, "but that's not what's
been reported. What's been reported is how I look in a bathing suit." Ouch.Then,
at the end of the presser, Obama squatted down next to three student reporters
and answered a question about the No Child Left Behind bill. He answered well,
in detail and without patronizing the kids. Then he looked up at the rest of us
and said, "Take some notes guys. That's how you do it."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the guys who were arrested for planting 'explosives' all throughout Boston...in the press gathering, they were literally talking about HAIR, and how it has changed since the 1960's. At a full press conference. People would ask them serious questions about the event, and the guy would say, "uh, that's not a hair question, so I'm gonna have to pass on that one".

I was on the floor.

One reporter asked if he was afraid he'd get his hair cut when he went to jail. He responded by saying that he felt that the justice system might let him and his hair slide.


I would like to like Obama, but I rather dislike his stand for abortion and such. It bugs me that a politician can have so many things right, and have one critical thing wrong.

Voting has always been a choice of evils, though. I expect that there won't be too many non pro-choice candidates who might actually win.

Paula said...

Obama is a smoker.

Anonymous said...

So what? You trying to pick a fight or somethin'?

Paula said...

With you? Always.