Sunday, February 25, 2007

Unimpressed

So, James Cameron, the director of Titanic and Terminator 2, claims to have groundbreaking evidence that disproves the claims of Christianity regarding the resurrection of Jesus. We've seen your kind for 2,000 years now Mr. Cameron. You can enjoy and no doubt profit from your controversial moment in the sun but in another 1,000 years people will have discarded your claims in the same bin with all of the other heretics and people will still be responding in worship to Jesus Christ.

It is easy to be a madman: it is easy to be a heretic. It is always easy to let the age have its head; the difficult thing is to keep one's own. It is always easy to be a modernist; as it its easy to be a snob. To have fallen into any of those open traps of error and exaggeration which fashion after fashion and sect after sect set along the historic path of Christendom - that would indeed have been simple. It is always simple to fall; there are an infinity of angles at which one falls, only one at which one stands. To have fallen into any one of the fads from Gnosticism to Christian Science would indeed have been obvious and tame. But to have avoided them all has been one whirling adventure; and in my vision the heavenly chariot flies thundering through the ages, the dull heresies sprawling and prostrate, the wild truth reeling but erect. - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phah...him and every other professor at this university. The difference is that at least the professors are educated and (sort of) know what the hell they're talking about. At least when my history professor knocks Christ as a polygamist, he knows that "Eloi, Eloi" Means "My Gods, my Gods" in Hebrew. Of course, he seems to be misguided in that he doesn't know that Jesus was actually quoting Psalm 22, and that the plural and singular form of 'God' is used in Hebrew interchangeably.

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,

We worked together at PFPC about 7 years ago. You helped me move out of my apartment and gave me a copy of Mere Christianity.

It took me years to read it, and by the time I did, I was already beginning to recognize God working in my life. Nonetheless, it is a great book and I thank you for it. So, 'thanks' for everything. How are things are going?

Nice blog.

If you feel like dropping me a line, you can reach me at bjcarreira@mac.com. I see you are still in Delaware. How is that going?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Brian