Saturday, November 24, 2007

Give Hope A Second Chance?

It's interesting to see Mike Huckabee surging in the polls. He has a clever and humorous way of saying things. As this article in the Economist shares,
"Mr Huckabee's ideas on health care are considerably sounder, and he sells them deftly. He understands that costs are out of control. “We have to change a system that happily pays $30,000 for a diabetic to have his foot amputated, but won't pay for the shoes that would save his foot,” he says. He warns, wisely, of the looming budgetary calamity when baby-boomers start claiming Medicare (public health care for the elderly). Or as he puts it: when “all the old hippies find out that they get free drugs.” He touts the benefits of prevention, citing his own life-saving weight loss as an example."

I just hope he doesn't make Chuck Norris his running mate.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Even I like Mike Huckabee. For real, if he ran against Hillary (who I hate) I'd vote for him. I'm still 110% behind John Edwards, but I do think Huckabee would be a suitable candidate.

David said...

YES!

I think I'll vote for this guy!

Matt & Bri said...

I've been rooting for Huckabee ever since he was only known in Arkansas. Go Mike!!!

Steve Lamp said...

That's true. I've got to give you props for that Matt. You were the one who pointed him out to me long ago.