Thursday, September 06, 2007

Class Begins

My first Dale Carnegie Course on Effective Communication and Human Relations was tonight. I must say it was one of the fastest 3 1/2 hour classes I have ever attended. Much of the night was spent on learning methods of remembering names and beginning conversations with a little goal setting on the side. It wasn't nearly as cringe-worthy as I feared it might be in places. Even going in front of the class and sharing a gimmick for personal name association was tolerable. I am looking forward to the next 11 weeks.

One downside is that the class is up in Valley Forge so it's a bit of a hike, but on the drive home I discovered that 1100 AM covers Cleveland Indians games. I can't believe I hadn't discovered this before now. Reception is a bit shaky in my apartment but it's still pretty exciting.

1 comment:

David said...

Have you ever tried the Rob Schneider name remembering method? Just follow your co-worker around all the time, making observations about what they are doing and using their name constantly.

Example: "Steeeve! Steve-o, Steve-o-rama, makin' copies!"