Saturday, September 15, 2007

Quotes From Giving

I went to B&N this evening and while I was there I started to peruse Clinton's book, Giving. These two quotes stood out to me.

My gift is nothing. I can have everything I need with less than one percent of my wealth. I was born in the right country at the right time, and my work is disproportionately rewarded compared to teachers and soldiers. I'm just giving back surplus cliams that have no value to me but can do a lot for others. The people I really admire are the small donors who give up a movie or a restaurant meal to help needy people. - Warren Buffet on giving $30 billion to the Gates Foundation.

Beyond a certain point, which we'd reached, money has no further value. It can't bring happiness, but it can save or tranform many lives. - Chris Hohn

1 comment:

David said...

BILL Clinton?

Ladies and Gentlemen, Steven J. Lamp has gone over the edge!