Thursday, October 04, 2007

Another Cause For Celebration

I won an award for my speech (not the cow one) tonight in class! That makes me very happy. I wasn't quite as articulate in speaking as I had scripted it, but apparently I said it with conviction which was the theme of this week's lesson. That's two in a row! Next week's assignment is a two minute speech to teach the class about something I do at work. Since Chatham's business tends to be technically complex, I think I am going to break it down and talk about the simple but powerful underlying concept that underlies so many of our transactions: compound interest as illustrated by the Rule of 72.

Yeah, I'm not expecting a three-peat at the awards ceremony.

2 comments:

Snoyarc said...

Considering I don't have a clue what the Rule of 72 is and find compound interest about as interesting as watching an earth worm regenerate after being chopped in half I'm not sure you will be able to get a three-peat... but I'm glad you were able to do well tonight, although it would be cool if the cow one got an award, I liked that one.

Hugs & Love

jenvare said...

Congratulations Steve!!! It's so exciting to read about your experiences in this class - you are so enthusiastic and positive about it!